Greetings Divine Spirit!
It has been a little bit since I posted a blog. My wife and I both caught the flu and I took the time to rest and practice forgiveness while allowing my body to fight off the fever and then transition into a lot of coughing. The process of forgiveness can be used for any situation where you are experiencing anything other than peace or happiness.
The process of forgiveness that I enjoy using is really a boiled down version from A Course in Miracles (the Course). As the Course says:
A sick body does not make any sense. It could not make sense because sickness is not what the body is for. Sickness is meaningful only if the two basic premises on which the ego’s interpretation of the body rests are true; that the body is for attack, and that you are a body. Without these premises sickness is inconceivable. T-8.VIII.5
The Course stresses over and over again that to believe you are a body (and especially a body that is sick) is simply a mistake. It is really the ego part of your mind trying to trick you again and again that you really are a body. The Course keeps asking you many times, would you rather side with the ego (fear) or with spirit (the Holy Spirit).
In the case of sickness and correct perception of sickness, applying the forgiveness formula is the answer. The forgiveness formula looks something like this:
- Recognize that you are not at peace or that your body appears to be sick.
- Realize that you have created this part of the dream. The part of your mind that separated from God has created the situation you appear to be experiencing.
- Realize that you would rather have peace and experience spirit instead of this.
- Hand the process over to the Holy Spirit to heal. Only the Holy Spirit can truly heal your mind.
- Listen and wait for any guidance around what to do. In this case you would be doing or being with spirit vs. the ego.
- Repeat as often as you need to.
Even though your body may appear to be going through sickness, at least you can work with your mind to heal the idea of sickness. You may not see the miracle appear in form immediately, but just trust that deep healing is occuring. Maybe your bought with the flu ends earlier or you skip it the next time it is floating around.
Just enjoy forgiving not only the flu but anything that disturbs your peace.
If you enjoyed this blog, please consider signing up for the newsletter. You will immediately receive a free eBook as well as insider information into Deepen in the Divine Radio and the soon-to-be-released novel Masters of Love. Please join the community!